The Gifted and Advanced Learning Academy of South Africa shall:
• Provide Independent School Education, from Grade 1 to Grade 12, in English, to intellectually gifted learners in accordance with section 29(3) and (4) of the Constitution of South Africa and as defined in the South African Schools Act, No. 84 of 1996, as amended, consolidated or re-enacted from time to time.
• Provide career guidance and counselling services to pupils attending the school.
• Develop and offer programmes addressing the learning, teaching, training, curriculum support, governance, whole school development and safety and security.
• Provide hostel accommodation for pupils.
• Organise, manage and administer the training of teachers.
• Provide after-care facilities.
• Establish replicas of the school model in each of the nine provinces in South Africa.